Swvl is looking for a Chief Accountant based in Riyadh. This is a full-time position.
Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market.
What we are looking for:
What you will do:
You will be responsible for recording, classifying and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and local gap.
You will keep track of records of recurring accounting entries (i.e. accruals, depreciation, prepayments, etc.) and review them on a timely basis.
You will generate Financial Reports and statements for management reporting, analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective solutions.
You will monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and prepare variance analysis – Actual vs Budget, Actual vs Prior Year.
What you'll need:
- Graduate degree in Accounting/Finance or Commerce, Knowledge of computerized accounting and typing
- A qualified Accountant is a plus (e.g., CA, CPA, ACCA, etc.)
- 4 -6 years professional accounting experience (of which at least 2 years within the Saudi market)
- Ability to effectively supervise staff comprised of entry and journey-level professionals engaged in carrying out departmental functions
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted standard accounting principles, established procedures and departmental guidelines